CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR a Font nerd web guru creative ninja Design BADASS
Junior Web Designer
The Junior Web Designer is responsible for creating original graphics and web layouts for June Mango and its clients. The Junior Web Designer understands how a specification written in the plain language of the client should be broken down into well-designed web elements and is able to analyze their words + website inspiration and turn them into designs that solve their problems and look beautiful. This position includes:
- day to day correspondence with the Kali Edwards (CEO & Creative Director) and clients
- creating custom websites and graphics
- juggling multiple projects and priorities
- maintaining and organizing visual assets
- and meeting stringent deadlines.
- Washington, DC
- Maryland or Virginia (within driving distance to DC)
- Passionate About Website Design + Function - Maintains an expert knowledge of design trends and techniques. You want to improve your own skills and push the boundaries of the project creatively. You try new approaches and tools when doing so will help the end result for the client.
- Able to work quickly and stick to deadlines - You never miss a deadline, no matter what. You can turn around a project quickly without losing quality or creativity. You love a schedule and work well with a due date.
- Excellent communication & endlessly patient - You know how to respond to client inquiries with kind explanations, are willing to teach clients in layman's terms, and you understand that there are often many revisions per project and don’t take it personally. You respond to emails quickly and clearly and you are also available if a client needs to chat by phone, Zoom, Skype, etc.
- Organized and detail oriented - You can keep track of several projects and clients at once, without losing the details. You notice when something needs to be addressed and take action. You are self-managing.
- Problem-solving - No two projects are the same, no two clients are the same, no two problems require the same approach. You have the ability to roll with the punches and figure out the next best move or else tap into a helpful resource when needed.
PROGRAMS & PLATFORMS
- Google Docs/Google Drive/Gmail
- Acrobat Pro
- Photoshop, Illustrator, and other Adobe programs
- Squarespace (preferred)
- HTML & CSS (preferred)
01 . Please fill out the form below to officially apply.
03. Please email your resume to hello @ junemango.com with the subject line "Junior Designer Application for June Mango".
02. Applications and resumes will be reviewed and qualified applicants will be notified via email. If you don't hear back, don’t be discouraged! June Mango® is growing so keep your eyes pealed for the next opportunity.