USING GIFS IN WEB DESIGN
It's the gif that keeps on giving!! #hilarious
But actually, that's kind of what a gif is. It's simply an animated photo / graphic made by placing several layers together that play in a loop. And it's a fantastic tool for your website. Here's why:
- This animation grabs the users attention. The changing visuals catch the eye and cause the user to take notice.
- Your message or image stands out. This make a gif a great option for a featured item in an e-commerce site. Kate Spade has some great examples of this.
- You can use it to direct the user to a particular page. Since the image is eye catching, use it as a button or link it to a place you want your audience to go, like your Contact or Services page.
- They get a lot of love. Gifs are more likely to be shared on social media platforms and garner more user engagement.
- These animated visuals are processed faster in your brain! That means that your message is received sooner and is likely clearer. It's science, yo.
- You can showcase different styles for different tastes. This is another great use for an e-commerce site that may sell an item in various colors, for example.
- • They're fun. This is maybe the best reason. Because, hey, why not?